journey - separate ways (worlds apart)

February 15, 2015



I remember hiding my iPod once.
I was blasting Journey through headphones in my third year art studio* at uni.
Avoiding doing any actual work.**
Shunning all human contact.
Desperately trying to stay awake.
...
My co-studio partner and closest friend at the time wandered in and demanded my attention.
I pounced on my excellent rectangle and Journey were banishéd.
...
Shame on me.
Long live Journey.
Down with musical shame.




*... a wall, a desk and a chair. Do not believe the movies or fancy art schools, studios are fucking depressing.

**... not a single piece of my work was produced in situ. My need for absolute privacy didn't mesh well with "mandatory" studio time and a short attention span.
... i did.

© midnight hagette. Design by FCD.