dragons exist

February 28, 2014

A L'aveugle


'Fairy tales do not tell children the dragons exist. Children already know that dragons exist. Fairy tales tell children the dragons can be killed.'





Came across this quote on Muck and Nettles today.
He/she/it always have interesting excerpts from literature/music/humans but this one especially held my attention.
Some people just seem to naturally have this back-catalogue of thought-provoking anecdotes in their brains and it leaves me flummoxed. 
I mostly have episodes of Buffy The Vampire Slayer in my memory banks and even then it's pretty touch and go with the accuracy of my information.
My eldest sister schooled me a few days ago when i forgot the true identity of a villain in Season 1.
And she's a lapsed BTVS fan!
Ugh.
Dusty and full of idle trinkets.
I'm pretty sure Miss Havisham only rears her deranged head once a month though...

© midnight hagette. Design by FCD.