the bed song

August 03, 2013



'sometimes i see a community-made video for one of my songs and it wallops me in the face. this one did. it’s by a director named taylor dolan (she’s on tumblr!). it’s for The Bed Song.
i saw the link on twitter just as neil and i were about to board the plane home to boston from DC…i sat there before take-off watching it with headphones on my iphone. neil was munching on a salad, then turned to me and my entire face was scrunched and soaking wet and i was still blubbering a little. it’s that good.
this song gets me every time anyway. but this video….fuck. this girl deserves an indie-oscar.
the other wonderful thing about the video is that it was made on @hitRECord, a site that encourages creation and integrated ongoing support for artists…which of course i love love love.
they call themselves an “open collaborative production company" and they share revenue made on projects with their artists 50/50. if you’re a maker or a patron, go check it out…it’s really interesting and it may be a fun place to put your work and find art-friends.
COPY COPY COPY SHARE SHARE SHARE.'



© midnight hagette. Design by FCD.