pat peoples

March 29, 2013

'Only when I finish crying does Tiffany finally speak, although she doesn't talk about Nikki. "I got you a birthday present, but it's nothing much. And I didn't wrap it or get you a card or anything, because, well...because I'm your fucked-up friend who does not buy cards or wrap presents. And I know it's more than a month late, but anyway..."'


Matthew Quick's novel will not change your life.
It will not alter your literary views.
It will not pull any major emotional heartstrings.
But it will make you smile.
It will feel familiar.
And it will make you want to hug your copy after the very last page has been read.
It's just one of those books.

I hope they haven't fouled up the movie.
That'd suck.
But with Jennifer Lawrence in play, it ought to be pretty worthwhile. 
© midnight hagette. Design by FCD.