william s

February 24, 2013

Yet another book fail.
Queer is in no way bad, i just find myself severely unmoved by what i've read so far of The Beat Generation's work.
It took me until page 200, out of 281 of the highly regarded Kerouac novel, On The Road to really find myself in any way involved with the story.
Now it's one of those books i think of very fondly.
I didn't love it though.
The Beat Generation's poetry is more to my liking. 
Maybe it's the small doses of their style instead of hours spent trawling through mundane, train-of-thought stories that appeals more to my reading sensibilities.
And i don't use 'mundane' in a disparaging way. 
Not at all.
Before flaking out of uni, my next project was going to be something based around the mundanity of life.
It was more complex and thought out than that sounds but i'm not going to spill my guts about it, just in case i actually go back to it someday.

I think i need someone else to choose my next book.
As of late, i suck at it.
Any suggestions?



Listening to: Stars 'Through the Mines'
© midnight hagette. Design by FCD.