wrapped up in piano strings

March 10, 2010

I've been such a deadbeat blogger of late.
I can't quite pinpoint why, but i think it has something to do with multiple things coming at me at once and my lack of ability to handle that.
I'm not very organised and i've discovered i like to make To Do lists but bury them under things - quite literally - and forget all about them.
This makes me gloomy and sets off my 'procrastination switch', so even less gets done!
My sisters do stuff like this for me though:
I don't know why but it helps to turn round from your desk and have something silly, mysteriously tacked to your window.
The only good thing right now is that i feel like drawing. I genuinely have the urge. I've still got to turn my procrastination switch off and actually do it but i missed that feeling. I lost it completely last year. I was only drawing to pass my third year, there was no enjoyment and no need. It's not a good place to be.
So it's nice, to feel like you're waking up.
Maybe it's the sunshine, i sometimes wonder if i'm part flower because i only really feel healthy and happy in the Summer.
I love the colder seasons but that's because i like snow and low winter sun. Plus i get to wear 6 thousand layers and feed my love of coats.
But warm is better. I just hope Scotland decides to play fair with the weather this year.

So, with Spring creeping in, hopefully it'll bring some new work from me. I can't promise because my moods have an uncanny resemblance to our erratic Scottish weather. But for now, something i did a couple of weeks ago and felt good about:
gonzales - overnight

© midnight hagette. Design by FCD.