life is good, when you're full of blood

February 14, 2010


charis-isidore-jury-louis

I find myself more and more drawn to photographs that possess the traces of human presence, rather than the humans themselves.
They contain a sort of lingering emotional residue, as if part of someone's life has just happened and what's left in the image is the ghost of it.
I find them strangely comforting.
In some ways they remind me of a process in mono-printing, where after you have printed your image, you reprint it on a sheet of newsprint to take away any excess ink and as a result are left with a 'ghost' print.
They always turned out to be my favourite of the two images.

the real tuesday weld - blood sugar love

susanna and the magical orchestra - believer



ps. Dear eldest sibling, can you see it now?

Juz said...

Greetings from Cape Town,
I really love these pictures. And I like your interpretation - "someone's life just happened and what's left in the image is the ghost of it."
I will be back for more. Nice blog - thanks for sharing.
Justin

Louise Boyd said...

Hello Justin, you have a good name.
Thanks for reading my ramblings and enjoying them. Stranger things really have happened.
Louise

© midnight hagette. Design by FCD.