sixteen, fifteen, fourteen

June 01, 2009


I pretty much live in awe of Gottfried Helnwein. I don't think he's a genius but he's definitely magical. The details blow my mind and the glow i covet is shown perfectly in everything he does.
Envy doesn't quite cover it.
The scale i also find fascinating. Large scale anything puts the fear of god into me and I think my tutors lie in wait for the day i draw something larger than A2.
It's wrong to steal people and force them teach you how to paint...right?

Hopefully i'll have some new stuff to put up here real soon. Post 3rd year burnout set in practically the day i finished. But i started drawing again and the ideas are actually coming quite quickly - something that rarely happens!
Now just to put them into practice and build up my terrifyingly expensive collection of books for the dreaded dissertation.
Scary.



here we go magic - tunnelvision

© midnight hagette. Design by FCD.