little brother

November 22, 2008

Apologies for the shoddy photograph.
I've been working on this for the past couple of days. It's the most progress i've made in a while, progress i've been happy about.
Not at first obviously, i railed against the use of paint like nobody's business but of course, my dad, the one who suggested i continue down this path after seeing a sketch in my notebook, convinced me it was the right thing to do. He's always sodding right.
It very much annoys me that i can't be objective about my work and miss things like this. I'll never be able to look at a piece of work and see what others see. The burden of being an artist. Woe is me...
I'm enjoying this process though, it just needs refined and other techniques tried out. Also, perhaps, a change of age in the subject.
Also decided to leave printmaking until next semester, would be an awful shame to start with two weeks left and then be stranded during the month off for Christmas. Where the hell did semester one go?

My poor computer is not a very happy bunny. He creaks and cries and it's all my fault.
Should i clear his insides out and feed him four more GB of memory?
I think so. I don't want him shuffling off this technological coil after only a year!



Glen Hansard and Markéta Irglová - Leave

© midnight hagette. Design by FCD.