the fall

October 17, 2008

"At a Los Angeles hospital in the 1920s, Alexandria is a child recovering from a broken arm. She befriends Roy Walker, a movie stunt man with legs paralyzed after a fall. At her request, Roy tells her an elaborate story about six men of widely varied backgrounds who are on a quest to kill a corrupt provincial governor. Between chapters of the story, Roy inveigles Alexandria to scout the hospital's pharmacy for morphine. As Roy's fantastic tale nears its end, Death seems close at hand."

I am very much looking forward to seeing The Fall, seeing as Tarsem Singh failed so miserably with The Cell. Visually it was stunning but Jennifer Lopez has only once been able to act - Out Of Sight - and that was a minor miracle on Steven Soderbergh's part. I need to watch that again sometime.
So here's hoping The Fall doesn't disappoint. Fingers crossed and all. Not that i'll see it for at least 6 months after everybody else.
I like seeing films that way. The hype disappears and i can make my own mind up, sans influence.

I really, really don't like feeling like crap right now. Y'know when you're in school and being ill is the best thing ever...well, gone are the days of lying on the couch watching Disney and drinking so much tea i could've developed gills. Now i'm just grumpy.
It's funny, everytime i sneeze, my cat wakes up and grumbles at me. A full on, old man grumble. He's a wee curmudgeon.
I did however finish my first sketchbook of research. I'm a little horrified to think of how many i'll have by the year's end. This one's only taken me 3 and a half weeks.

I've also finished To Kill A Mockingbird and it was so lovely that i was genuinely quite upset to finish it. It was nice to finally meet the elusive Boo Radley though.
I think i'll be reading Hangover Square by Patrick Hamilton next, we'll see when i get to bed. I hope it's not crap. It's been looking at me from my book pile since August.



bon iver - re: stacks

© midnight hagette. Design by FCD.