days with my father

October 14, 2008


Today has been an unexpected one; waking up, near fainting, scaring the life out of my mum. Sorry mum.
(i'll be getting a telling off from my sister if i used that semicolon wrong there, which i probably did)
I kinda feel like my insides have been robbed, some little organ thief is probably trying to peddle my lungs to the highest bidder at this very moment! My poor insides.
Oh well, i at least found Phillip Toledano today.
The above photo is from the collection, Days With My Father which is both lovely and heartbreaking. It keeps track of the time he has left with his some-what fading father. Normally, i would find seeing something like this intrusive, watching someone's most private moments seems unkind but this is welcoming and honest but that's probably why it's hard to read at times. However, please do, if only for the beautifully melancholic photography.



watching- ally mcBeal, 'the robert downey jr years'

Sarah said...

Dear me, that photo makes me want to cry. It's beautiful but so very sad and moving.

(And yes, you probably wanted just a colon rather than a semicolon there, doll ;-))

Louise Boyd said...

Grammar, it's an absolute fucking mystery.
Scratch that. The English language is an absolute fucking mystery!

© midnight hagette. Design by FCD.